CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 9, 2011

Kyle & Victoria

As I celebrate my wedding anniversary I would love to share my story...

“Love is a force more formidable than any other. It is invisible - it cannot be seen or measured, yet it is powerful enough to transform you in a moment, and offer you more joy than any material possession could.
Barbara de Angelis


Meeting one another had to be one of the luckiest things that had ever happened to either of us. My husband was attending Georgia Tech, (GOOOO Jackets!) and I was visiting my sister, who was also a student there. People had always told me that "when you meet the right person, you will know." I saw Kyle getting into his car to leave the cookout my sister hosted that night and I realized I missed him already. I knew he was THE one for me.

During our courtship we learned what was most important in a relationship. Family: I was  more nervous than during any other time in my life when I met Kyle’s parents, and he felt similar when he met mine. By the end of the dinners, both families had realized that we loved each other, and we loved each other's families! It became so important to our relationship to have them on board...Many couples seem to forget that the families are the people with whom you will spend the REST of your lives. It is pretty important to have a relationship with them and grow to love them! After both meetings the screening process began. My family began coming in from Nigeria, England, and all over the U.S.  to screen Kyle; I am so glad to say he passed!

As our relationship progressed, I began pulling out a picture of a ring that I cut out from a magazine when I was in Elementary School. I began dropping hints to Kyle and anyone else around. There were so many events that Kyle planned that I was so sure would be "the engagement," but he stumped me every time! 


One night after the Georgia vs. Georgia Tech game we headed to Piedmont Park to “wait for our friends before we headed out on the town.” I thought something was a little strange about this scenario, because we had lost the game, and I really didn’t want to celebrate a defeat, but I tagged along anyway. When we got to the park, Kyle led me up to the tallest hill and we sat and looked at the stars. Kyle began telling me the reasons he loved me, and out of the corner of my eye, I saw him get down on one knee. It was like a dream! I said yes, of course, and after we embraced each other for a little while I looked down at my finger to see the ring I'd always wanted.


We'd met on a wet curb one summer evening; little did we know that the road in front of us would pave the way to the rest of our lives! 

We gathered for our African Engagement Ceremony with one hundred and fifty of our closest family and friends on September 2, 2010 at Meeting Point. We exchanged our vows on September 4, 2010 in front of three hundred and fifty of our favorite people at the beautiful Saint John Vianney in Lithia Springs with a reception following at Georgia Tech. Everything was perfect and we wouldn’t have done a single thing differently!

VENDORS

MEETING POINTE EVENT HALL
GA TECH 
MEETING POINTE CATERING
BRITTANY BRYANT PHOTOGRAPHY
CORDEL MEDIA GROUP
DIVINE VIDEO PROVISIONS
TOPZEES CREATIONS
 SANDRA BROWN DECOR
CELSOS CAKES
ICE SCULPTURES UNLIMITED

0 comments:

Post a Comment